Major Research Interests and Projects:
1. Identification of novel pathways, modulators and therapy avenues in skeletal muscle degeneration and regeneration.
– Cellular regenerative therapy approaches for inherited skeletal muscle diseases.
– Identification of new pathways and mediators in chronic muscle degeneration.
– Identification and evaluation of soluble factors for prevention and amelioration of skeletal muscle deterioration.
– Using reprogramming biology approaches on somatic stem cells for skeletal muscle regeneration.
2. Exploring novel reprogramming biology approaches for the treatment of inherited enzyme deficiencies.